I’ve decided to change (surprise 😉 ) and to do a real time reaction post to Heirs, instead of reviews. I just don’t have the time right now. I may still do a review at the end or a rating at the end. I can’t really miss out in this… let’s just call it what it is, an attempt to do BOF right. So, let’s see how this works out.
Tangent: Have you seen the previews for Marry Him If You Dare? I am sorry for going off track, I am YEH biased. This looks sooooooooo good. In the same way I am LMH, KSA, HJW, CSW, HB, and GY biased. However, my love for LMH is waning. So, hopefully my gasp worthy love for LMH will return…
Just finished. Um wow, if anyone thought that first episode was amazing, JUST NO. I mean, Kim Tan, I hope he becomes more interesting. To be truthful, I think my highlight was Rachel vs. Young-Do as far as plot and dialogue. Otherwise, I was literally counting the minutes until something happened. However, the next episode looks better, but as of right now I could easily give this up, at least until the whole season’s over. I’m sorry Park Shin Hye. That’s really all I have to say. Oh yeah, Chan Young is cutie pie.Tweets by @PeevishMagGlass
Let me apologize and say that for a period I had given up on Kdrama, because even my favorites were in dramas I didn’t thoroughly enjoy. This was mostly due to nonsensical writing and murky plot developments. (I have high expectations). So, I had to keep myself busy with J-doramas, because that seems to be where it is at right now IMHO. Let me take some space to recommend a few J-doramas:
- Rich Man Poor Woman- yep that’s a pretty apt description. Let me add Oguri Shun, Satomi Ishihara, and corporate battleground. Quick rating: Best
- Hotaru No Hikari- a woman who is perfect at work and shamelessly lazy and uncouth at home has her boss move in with her. Quick rating: Good
- Nodame Cantabile- two very talented musicians fall in love, one battles the fear of flying and the other battles the fear of success. Quick rating: Better
- Saikou No Rikon- a neurotic husband and a happy-go-lucky wife ponder divorce, because they’re really not sure if they are in love or not. (I am dying here waiting for proper translations). Quick rating: Best
Anyways, going back to K-dramas…
Goddess of Fire Jeongi:
- Lee Sang Yoon- awesome.
- Moon Geun Young– love her and have not been super excited about one of her dramas in a long time.
- Kim Bum- I love the boys from BOF, and I think he has done really well picking projects. Still my favorite is the Still, Marry Me.
- Lee Kwand Soo- no longer watching running man, but still love the giraffe.
- Lee Min Ho– Mr. Charisma, hopefully this will once again showcase his charisma, acting, and coupling skills, because lately I have been battling to finish his dramas.
- Park Shin Hye-I have a weird affinity for PSH. To be truthful, I haven’t finished one of her dramas, yet I think she is great and one of the best young female actresses, 18-25. I still haven’t seen Flower Boys Next Door. Disclaimer: PSH is better in movies, think Son Ye Jin. Or, another thought, maybe the movies are just better than the dramas.
- Seriously, I am hoping for a great coupledom, but am also prepared for it ending up awkward. See Suzy and Lee Seungi in Gu Family Book.
- However, my biggest concern is that they are going back to high school. It may be Gossip Girl High School, but STILL. Aren’t LMH and PSH past this point in their respective careers. Then again, I can never get enough of Blair Waldorf, Serena Van Der Woodsen, and Chuck Bass.
Rich Man Poor Woman 2:
- Well, Part 1 was amazing! See above.